If your business uses a WordPress website, maintenance services are often overlooked, especially if you’ve never encountered any problems with your Website before. Even a platform as good as WordPress can be vulnerable to viruses and malware. It’s not only the security of your website you need to worry about; without the proper care, any website can suffer from increased loading times which will damage its search engine rankings. Here, we’ll look at which aspects of your website need to be maintained, and describe some ways to manage your site more effectively.
Looking After Your WordPress Website
Website Maintenance services can vary from one Tampa website company to the next. If you’re hiring a Tampa marketing firm to look after your website, you should make sure the following six areas are being addressed:
1. Security Features Are Integrated If you hire the right Tampa web development company, they should handle your website security. Having your site protected against hacking and online viruses will help you avoid any potential future damage to your site.
2. Your Website is Backed Up Regularly There are various WordPress plugins that will automatically back up your website, and most web hosts will give you this option. As an extra layer of security, consider backing up your website to multiple locations.
3. Regular Updates Are Installed WordPress core updates, theme updates, and plugin updates, are released regularly. Make sure you install these regularly to keep your site up to date and running smoothly.
4. Comments Are Being Managed Anti-spam plugins will help you eliminate poor-quality comments from your site. For example, comments that are just backlinks to another site. Another option is to disable comments completely.
5. Your Website Has a Regular Health Check Tools like the Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools will help you monitor your website for any issues that could harm your search rankings, such as excessive downtime, broken links, or slow-loading pages.
6. Your Database is Cleaned Regularly Using a WordPress plugin is the easiest way to keep your database clean. There are several plugins to help you optimize your database, improve loading speeds, and remove errors. Website Maintenance
Conclusion: If your business relies on a WordPress website, maintenance services from the right Tampa web agency will ensure your site remains an effective marketing tool for your business. For peace of mind, keep these tips in mind, and make sure you maintain your website on a regular basis.