Use Our SEO Strategy
To Boost Your Search Rankings
Any business trying to achieve higher search engine rankings knows that SEO is a constant race to stay one step ahead of the competition. So how do you keep up with constantly evolving search engine algorithms and stand out online?
SEO StrategyIn this SEO article, you’ll discover our top ten website optimization and a good SEO strategy to help you achieve higher search engine rankings and outshine the competition.
- Optimize for Google’s Rich Answer Box: The rich answer box – or rich snippet – at the top of Google’s search results page appears on around 20 percent of search queries. This is likely to appear more often in the future, especially with the rise of voice search.
Action plan: Use clear, relevant, keyword-optimized headings that address common search queries you want to rank for. Write tight copy that includes complete questions and answers related to your industry.
- Enhance the User Experience: Google rewards more user-friendly websites with higher search rankings. If visitors enjoy using your site, they’re more likely to stay for longer, visit more pages, and return in the future.
Action plan: To send a positive ranking signal to Google, help users navigate your site and scan your content with ease. Use mobile responsive design, clear navigational links, and prominent call-to-action buttons.
- Maximize Page Load Times: Website speed is a huge SEO factor, especially as mobile searches continue to rise. Fifty-three percent of mobile site visits are abandoned if a page takes more than three seconds to load.
Action plan: Use a reliable, fast website hosting provider. If using WordPress, use a fast theme, reduce your plugins, and optimize your images. Google’s PageSpeed Insights tool will check your website’s speed and help you fix any issues.
- Continue Mobile Optimization: According to Google, 57 percent of users won’t recommend a business with a poorly designed mobile site. Google has also started to penalize mobile sites with pop-up ads or email capture lightboxes.
Action plan: Use responsive, user-friendly design, optimize your site’s speed, and disable your popups for mobile. For advice, visit Google’s mobile-friendly website test tool or talk to your hosting provider.
- Create More In-Depth, Dynamic Content: Google favors more in-depth content, so if you want to improve your search rankings and your credibility, publish long-form content that covers specific topics in depth. They’re also more likely to get backlinks.
Action plan: Stick to a single topic for each web page. Use a variety of keywords related to your topic, and include relevant images and videos when possible. Consider designing your own images, or use a clickable table of contents to make your content more attractive.
- Optimize for Social Media: Social signals like backlinks and shares help boost web traffic and ultimately boost your search rankings.
Action plan: Focus on social platforms that your target audience already use. Listen and interact with your audience. Include share buttons in each piece of content, relevant keywords, and URL links to key landing pages.
- Improve On-Site Optimization: Your website should be built with SEO in mind. Choosing an SEO-friendly CMS like WordPress is a good place to start and a good seo strategy.
Action plan: Make sure your website has a clear structure, a sitemap, and an updated, secure database. Use relevant title tags and alt tags, and use more semantically related keywords around your main keyword term.
- Repurpose Content: To reach a wider audience and increase web traffic, repurpose content into different formats for separate online platforms.
Action plan: Take one of your longer blog posts and split it into several shareable pieces of content. For example, post an image on Pinterest, Tweet a quotable statistic, summarize the key points on LinkedIn, and produce a complimentary infographic for Facebook.
- Check for Broken Links: Broken links can seriously damage your search rankings. They result in a bad user experience and lost traffic, and they prevent Google from crawling your site.
Action plan: Use Google’s Search Console to locate crawl errors. When you find broken links, replace or remove them. For WordPress users, the Broken Link Checker plugin is ideal.
- Optimize Internal Links: Links from other sites are important, but search ranking value also comes from your site’s internal links. They can decrease site bounce rates and increase site dwell time. This is a underutilized seo strategy by many seo companies today.
Action plan: Link from a new post to a related popular post, and use a relevant keyword phrase as the anchor text. You could also link from a popular post to relevant product pages.
In Summary: Using these top ten SEO strategies will go a long way to improving your search engine rankings. However, you should always keep an eye on current SEO trends and online marketing best practices to stay ahead of your competition. Feel free to call our Tampa SEO company for a more personalized SEO strategy for your business.
Like many businesses, you may be struggling to generate leads online. Succeeding at SEO is tough, especially if you’re on your own. If you need help with website design, hosting, SEO, marketing automation, and other digital marketing strategies, visit our website or contact us today to schedule a free 30-minute marketing consultation.