Your Custom WordPress Website Design Essentials
Custom WordPress Website DesignWeb design is a complicated process, but the ultimate goal is quite straightforward: your website should help you make money and grow your business. A decent website should be good looking, easy to use, capture your brand’s image, and deliver the right information to visitors. Turning leads into sales – this is the ultimate goal of any custom WordPress website.
Design Essentials: Five Steps to a More Effective Website
- Optimize the User Experience: After users get an initial impression of the look of your website, user experience quickly takes over. It can make or break a sale, so be sure that the basics are in place, from fast page loading times and simple navigation, to clear calls-to-action.
- Optimize Calls-to-Action: Sometimes, people need a gentle nudge to take the action you want them to take. Whether you want visitors to sign up to your email list, register for a free trial, or check out a new product video, make it clear what action you want them to take. Always give people a reason to stay on your website for longer.
- Control Your Messaging: Good design is about making sure you get your message across to your audience at the right time. Put simply, this is achieved by guiding the user around the screen.
a) Position elements in the order you want the user to see them.
b) Use contrasting colors to draw attention to content.
c) Use larger fonts to highlight specific phrases.
d) Use design elements like arrows to make users look in the right direction.
4. Use Proper Spacing: Spacing makes every page more coherent. There are three basic rules:
a) Use enough spacing between lines to improve readability.
b) Use more white space to make pages less cluttered and more elegant.
c) Make sure none of the text touches any other website element, such as a graphic.
5. Navigation: All navigation buttons should be found where users expect them to be, and they should clearly describe where the link will take users. The logo should also link back to the home page.
In Summary: Remember these basic techniques whenever you’re involved in the creation of a custom WordPress website. Design best practices are constantly changing, but your web designer should understand these fundamental design rules. When you get the basics right, it’s much easier to upgrade your website when you need to, while maintaining a consistent brand image.